Trying to shop for the latest trends in this recession can be exhausting. People are making less money, yet prices seem to be going up. You want to look your best, but you don’t want to get into debt doing it. Instead of going on shopping sprees, you are now saving their money for a rainy day. But if you are anything like me, I love staying up with the fashion trends and simply trying to look my best, which can be difficult a tight budget, but it is doable.
Dressing For Less On A Shrinking Budget
Dressing for less doesn’t have to mean dressing like your grandmother. Try visiting your local thrift store which is often a gold mine for one of kind pieces and for those looking to stay trendy. You would be surprised what things people give away. Sometimes you can find items that are practically new. I have found clothing with the tags still on them. Not only do you find items that are virtually new, but you often find vintage items like jewelry that you will most likely not find at your local Forever21. Best of all, none of your friends will have that same necklace.
Shopping On A Budget: Dressing For Less At T.J. Maxx
If you are the type of person that loves having designer bags but doesn’t like the price tag that comes with them, T.J. Maxx is for you. This place makes dressing for less so easy. T.J. Maxx carries designer handbags like Michael Kors, Dooney and Burke, and even Coach. The handbags are not cheap, but they are cheaper than department store prices. There you can walk away with a Coach bag for about $150 compared to $400. Usually the designer handbags are about 20 to 60 percent off the regular price.
In addition to handbags, you can also find designer clothing and jewelry at T.J. Maxx. If you are really trying to dress for less yet stay fashionable than you have to check out T.J. Maxx’s clearance isle which often gives you the best deals. This store constantly has amazing sales going on. Dressing for less just got a lot easier. You can walk away looking like a million bucks, but no one will know how much you really paid.
Dressing For Less The Smart Way
Shopping on a budget can sometimes be overwhelming. You only have a certain amount of money to spend yet you want so many things. Which should you buy the beautiful little black dress or those adorable black pumps you have been eying for a while?
The little black dress is a must have. It is simple, yet versatile. You can simply change the look of the black dress by wearing a different sweater with it. You can dress it up with some nice heels or dress it down with cute boots.
Tips On Dressing For Less The Easy Way:
1. Before you even go on the hunt, make sure you reorganize your closet. You will be surprised to find a lot of clothes that you rarely wear. You might find a gem you completely forgot about.
2. Try on the clothes in your closet. If it doesn’t fit anymore throw it out or give it away. If you haven’t wore it in a few years get rid of it. If you just can’t part with that sweater, then put it on a colorful hanger that stands out from the rest. Now pay attention to how many times you wear the sweater in the next five months. If you haven’t worn it once, get rid of it.
Dressing for Less with Must Haves
3. Before you go shopping on a budget, make a list of the must haves. This is important because if you already have a little black dress in your closet you don’t want to spend the limited amount of money you have on another. It doesn’t matter how cute you think the little black dress at the store is. Stay focused.
Dressing for Less with the Goodwill
4. One of the best things you can do when you are shopping on a budget is to visit your local thrift store to find one or two bold pieces of jewelry to add to your collection. Your outfit can take on a whole new personality with the right jewelry.
Jewelry makes dressing for less super easy by allowing you to change a boring outfit to fun. The Goodwill is often the right place to find yourself that vintage beautiful necklace that you can pass down to a friend or a daughter.
Dressing for Less by Being Versatile
5. Try buying clothing that allows you to layer other pieces with it. Black Legging are a must have. You can wear them with a long sweater, underneath a short dress, or with a long shirt. Leggings are vital when dressing for less. You may have numerous dresses that you don’t wear to work because they are too short, but leggings will change that. Wear them under that cute short dress and you are now ready for work.